SELECT command denied to user 'kcgvincw_fusion1'@'localhost' for table 'fusion_site_links'|
|SMNE Hosts Forum|
“Breaking the Silence on Genocide, Tyranny and Corruption in Ethiopia”
Washington Marriott, 1221 22nd Street NW, DC20037
The Solidarity Movement for a New Ethiopia (SMNE) invites all interested persons to attend a forum on the topic: “Breaking the Silence on Genocide, Tyranny and Corruption in Ethiopia,” to be held in Washington D.C. on Sunday, July 26, 2009 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the Washington Marriott. The event will start on time at 2:00 PM with Dr. Gregory Stanton’s presentation. Please join us for an informative presentation. A panel discussion will follow where opportunity will be given for questions. The guest speakers will be:
- Dr. Greg Stanton, President of Genocide Watch and Head of the International Campaign to End Genocide
- Ms. Lemlem Tsegaw, SMNE steering committee member
- Dr. George Ayittey, Professor, Distinguished economist and president of Free Africa Foundation
- Mr. Ahmed Hussein, SMNE steering committee member
- Dr. Paul Williams, PhD, Attorney & Executive Director of Public International Law & Policy Group (PILPG)—the law firm handling the human rights case involving the Anuak genocide
- Mr. Obang Metho, Executive Director of the SMNE
The silence of the suffering under the current brutal and dictatorial regime in Ethiopia must be broken for the sake of the people who fear harsh consequences if their muffled cries are heard. Let us speak for them and expose the truth of Ethiopia, a country that has become a prison to its own citizens. To those outside of Ethiopia, it may seem like nothing is going on; but to the people, the conditions are rapidly worsening, with many fearing that the slightest provocation could trigger chaos and violence. Unless we start talking about these issues and begin the process of reconciliation, it may be too late to avert a worse crisis should it come. Join us for a stimulating and solution-oriented discussion. For more info please contact us by e-mail at:
No Comments have been Posted.
Please Login to Post a Comment.